Wednesday 4 May 2016

My writing - going back to basics 4)

For those that have been following my blog recently you’ll know that I have signed up for the on-line master class series by the best-selling thriller writer James Patterson.  Now, thrillers are not my thing but the guy has sold millions of books world-wide so knows a thing or two about writing successful commercial fiction.  I’m nearing the end now so what’s changing.

Well I never was a great planner, I tended to write and then see where it took me, which I know works for some people.  However, I think especially for the self-publisher that planning of every scene can add real value.  We perhaps can’t afford the luxury of in-depth and repeated editing.  So working on those scenes, the order, the twists and the impact, in detail before you start the writing I think is a winner.

For more follow the link to my blog: http://wp.me/p3ycbY-1mC

No comments:

Post a Comment