Wednesday 31 January 2018

Artificial Intelligence - should we be worried?

There’s a lot in the media at the moment concerning Artificial Intelligence, some hailing it as the next industrial revolution, others as Armageddon waiting to happen.  I know science fiction over the years has been full of the latter.  However, as any writer will tell you a good story needs conflict and in sci-fi what’s better than man vs. machine?.  I also know that Stephen Hawking is suggesting we, or at least some of us, need to get of this planet before the end of the century and find a new home before AI becomes too powerful.  I just don’t see why it has to be that way.  Why does it have to be the alarmist view?  Although, I admit neither I nor the professor will be around at that time, mores the pity. 

For the complete blog follow this link: http://wp.me/p3ycbY-1KR 

No comments:

Post a Comment