Wednesday 24 May 2017

The walking writer

I’ve just returned from four days walking in the English (just in case there’s another) Lake District.  It’s an annual pilgrimage I make with a good friend of mine.  I’ve blogged before on the benefits of walking for the writer.  However, this is about as serious as my walking gets.
I know it’s beautiful, but I forget just how much.  And making the effort to climb those mountains and walk those felIs adds whole new levels to that beauty.  It seems as with most things in life, putting a little effort enhances the experience.  If you’ve walked in the Lake District you’ll know what I mean.  If you haven’t and you get the chance, go.  You won’t regret it, although some level of fitness is required.  These are no leisurely strolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment