Wednesday 30 November 2016

Writing - location,location, location.

Recently I’ve been completing my latest project, working title:  Inspector Kirby and Harold Longcoat, a Northumbrian mystery.  The comments from beta readers are good and although there are a couple more to feedback I’ve sent it for proofreading/editing.  Now, if you’re familiar with my other books you’ll know that I write science fiction and as the title of my latest creation suggests, it isn’t.  Yes, it’s a detective story with, as I hope again is hinted at by the title, a supernatural/magical edge to it (it can’t be that straightforward).

This presented me with an interesting challenge.  It is the first time I have used a contemporary location that some people at least will be familiar with.  It also set me thinking that the location is as much a character, as important, in the book as are the people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment