Wednesday 6 April 2016

My writing - I'm going back to basics

I admit it, my books are not selling. 

Well not many anyway.  On my latest novel ‘Bleak – The story of a shape shifter’ I’ve spent some money on promotion but it is not even coming close to paying for itself.  I know this is common for self-published authors and I’ve ready many times that it can take five, seven or ten books before you finally start to see a return.

Am I disheartened?

Yes, well a little anyway.  I’m not expecting to have that best seller, but it would be nice to sell a few more to cover those costs and maybe show some profit. And it’s not all about the money.  I enjoy my writing and as an author I want people to read and appreciate my work.  Those that have read my books tell me they have enjoyed them, even that they couldn’t put them down.  I have had some positive reviews.  All that’s great and tells me that I have something even if I’m not the finished article (If you ever are?).

So why back to basics?   Follow the link to my blog: http://wp.me/p3ycbY-1lW

No comments:

Post a Comment