Wednesday 16 March 2016

Writing makes you an observer

I started writing in the last year I worked before taking a package and leaving an industry I’d been in for thirty years.  Like big companies do they were reorganising which left me with little to occupy my time.  So I had no excuse but to do what I’d always said I’d do which was to try and complete some of those stories I’d started but never finished.

So I drafted that first book, then a second and a few years ago started this blog (also writing of course).  What I didn’t realise at the time was how all this writing would change the way I look at the world.  Or rather how it would make me an observer of the world around me, rather than being an on-looker as I pass through it.  Or how much joy that unexpected side-effect would bring.

For the full blog follow the link  http://wp.me/p3ycbY-1ly

No comments:

Post a Comment